Monday 31 December 2012

Natural meat tenderiser

I can't remember who told me this great natural way to tenderise cheap cuts of meat. I think I was too busy being sceptical.
Anyway I did decide to try it and the results were amazing.
Vitamise some peeled kiwi fruit to a liquid state and marinate the meat (not cut up, left as steaks)for 30 minutes. Make sure the meat is well coated. Make sure you don't leave it in the kiwi fruit liquid for any longer than 30 minutes.
I am not one for following instructions and I cut up some meat for a stir fry and put it in the kiwi liquid and forgot about it. Came back an hour later and it resembled soup.
Rinse the kiwi fruit liquid off the meat. Pat it dry and then use your favorite marinade or rub. It is now ready to barbecue.
I was using cuts that I would normally slow cook as curries and I could not believe how tender it was.
It is an enzyme in the kiwi fruit that breaks down the tough component in the meat.
I think the person that told me said they barbecued shin cuts using this process. It sounded amazing and a great way to save money!



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment