Tuesday 20 November 2012

Growing Rocket

Rocket has to be the easiest thing to grow. Snails and slugs are not really keen on it unlike soft lettuce varieties.
The rocket plants in the picture below have gone to seed and I will let them dry off.




Once these are dry I either do one of two things. I throw them on the garden where I would be happy for them to grow.



Or alternatively I hang the plants, seed heads down, in an old pillowcase to collect the seeds. Then I keep them in a clean airtight jar for planting.
Like Chard I have pockets of rocket all over the garden. And I start new plantings every few weeks to ensure a continuous supply.

Not sure if it is called rocket because it grows at rocket speed!



The flowers are pretty and edible and look great in a salad!


Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment